Apart from Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga, these structures operate as independent non-profit organisations utilising the brand of Business Against Crime under a cooperation agreement with BACSA.
The priorities are informed by the core and distinct roles of the organization, namely:
- To partner with Government, when invited, to assist in building necessary capacity by sharing expertise, information, processes and technologies resident in Business; and
- To get Business' 'own house in order' by removing crime-enabling processes, systems and approaches as well as improving crime prevention measures.
These roles are fulfilled primarily by leveraging business skills and resources in defined areas of need as well as mobilizing and aligning business' anti-crime strategies and approaches.
The BACSA core value-adding role within projects revolves around strategic level inputs into:
- Facilitation and leadership support;
- Policy and strategy formulation;
- Problem identification and solution design;
- Implementation support and project management;
- Facilitating cross boundary cooperation and alignment (both within government and business); and
- Piloting and demonstrating innovations and workable solutions for the CJS by leveraging skills, information, processes and technologies resident in Business.
BACSA therefore has a core set of skilled personnel with the above mentioned general skills as well as access to specialist skills in defined areas.
Programs and Projects
The following Programmes form the core of the organization's focus over the short to medium term, with an emphasis on operational support to the JCPS Cluster (implementation of defines initiatives):
|Subscribe to our Newsletter|
|Summit Office Park|
|495 Summit Road|
|PO Box 784061|
|Tel: +27 11 883 0717|
|Fax: +27 11 883 1679|
|Fax to email: 0866 138 006|