Justice Crime Prevention and Security (JCPS)
Cluster Operational Support
[Defined departmental-led initiatives focused on improving operational capacity and performance]
This has, as its core, the SAPS/BACSA MOU signed in August 2010. The scope has however been broadened to cover other requests from the Justice Crime Prevention and Security (JCPS) Cluster – recognising the potential for similar structured relationships between BACSA and other line Departments.
The defining factor is that these initiatives are Government-led and designed to improve government capacity and performance (including service delivery). Departments included in the Programme are the SAPS, SANDF and Department of Transport.
- Improved operational effectiveness of the JCPS Cluster Departments;
- Improved Command and Control;
- Enhanced skills and competencies of staff of JCPS Cluster Departments through carefully designed capacity building initiatives and skills transfer;
- Improved legitimacy and public confidence in the JCPS Cluster Departments, and the criminal justice system;
- Removal of weaknesses and blockages within the CJS through short, medium and long term interventions;
- Mobilisation and alignment of the business sector capabilities to support the crime prevention operational plans of the JCPS Cluster Departments;
- Enhanced alignment and coordination across JCPS Cluster Departments with respect to specific priority crimes.
|Subscribe to our Newsletter|
|Summit Office Park|
|495 Summit Road|
|PO Box 784061|
|Tel: +27 11 883 0717|
|Fax: +27 11 883 1679|
|Fax to email: 0866 138 006|